If you want to get rid of pain as well as move with more freedom and strength, Rolfing® is for you.
Rolfing Structural Integration is a system of hands-on therapy that improves alignment, creates good posture and a balanced body. As a certified rolfer in Texas, I work on your soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments, organs, arteries, and inflamed nerves) with my hands. Similar to plastic wrap, these soft tissues are strong but flexible and easily become bound up, causing pain, limited movement or bad posture. By working in direct contact with soft tissue (often at a deep level), significant and long-lasting structural changes can be made.
Your body is made up of many interconnected parts. When any one part is not functioning properly, the rest of your body naturally compensates. This compensation is often what causes the most pain or discomfort because parts are forced to perform functions they were not made for. With a holistic approach, Rolfing ensures that we’re not just treating where the pain is showing up but also the source of the problem. Balance and alignment are fundamentals of the Rolfing system.
**Rolfing physically changed my life, Click Here to see my personal story.**
People come for Rolfing to get relief from:
- Shooting pain or numbness in legs, arms, shoulders or hands
- Improve posture
- Chronic pain conditions (neck and/or low back pain)
- Sciatica and other nerve related pain
- Recurring athletic injuries (pulled muscles, IT Band Syndrome, etc)
- Nagging pain from car accidents, both recent or old
- General tension (i.e. back, neck, shoulders)
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Recovery from surgery – to reduce long-term effects
- Feeling old (Your body feels painful & tiresome to get through the day)
Others seek to maximize performance in athletics or exercise, speed rehabilitation or enhance their personal growth.
As we accumulate injuries, accidents, illnesses, repetitive movements and habitual postures we affect our ability to stay vertically balanced and more energy is required for daily life.
Rolfing helps bodies feel stronger, straighter, better balanced, healthier and more enjoyable.
Austin Rolfer is located at the Merritt Wellness Center.